23/11/2013

Love You Mom



It was end of 2008 and I was in 2nd semester of science foundation studied in UM. As usual, I would call my parents every week to hear from theirs till one day my mom advise was really extra strange and rare. I felt so weird, confused and sense something bad. Why would she say like that?  My mind was a bit disturbed after that creepy call. So, to neutralize my mind, I called my brother in Sabah. We were happily chatting. However mom's word still haunted in my mind. I wanted to know what actually went wrong with her and asked him whether he knew something. He told me to be patient and I just cool about that. He was breaking bad new. He told chronologically the event and what we need to do. My heart beat faster when I heard it. My feeling was mixed, wanna cry but I didn't. After that call, I lied down on my bed and rearranged every single word that my brother had told me. It was hard to believe but I had to. She is someone I love. My own brother is someone I trust. I closed my eyes and suddenly tears rolling down and I cried. Many thought came to my mind. My roommate wasn't in room at that time. So, I called a close sister to have a talk.

My whole body was trembling as I was walking to her room. I asked for her advise. I acted strong even I am weak inside. She told me that "Allah will never give test to person who cannot afford to face it. He know you can and He give test. That means He remember you. He love you. He doesn't neglect you. So, cheer up sis." That sentence settled down my sadness and make me strong. I will remember her word forever.

Then, I had mid-semester break. It was a week. Everyone was excited going back home while I was preparing mental and physical to face my mom with strong happy face and to go through any circumstances. I didn't know whether my mom knew that I knew something about her. Till a moment when I sat beside her, she told me everything and she would be having an operation soon. I knew this kind of atmosphere would happened. I was grateful for my brother's word, I knew what to do, and what we all should do. We supported her the very best. Luckily, my brother was also having a posting in the same hospital where my mom was admitted and he has been given golden opportunity to be in mom's operation room with other surgeons.

The week was busy for us. I was lucky as it was holiday for me. I even skipped classes for 2 days. Who cares! I was having time with my mom. I saw what my mom went through. It was hard. I made use that moment to the fullest with her even before i flied oversea furthering my studies. I helped her and tried my very best.

Now, it has been 5 years my mom post struggle with it. My mom is going well and better. Thanks Allah. I want to erase that critical moment time by time. I am thankful to Him for letting me spending time with her. Maybe that had been a reason why i didn't have opportunity to study abroad at that time; to be with and support my mom. I am grateful for that chances.

Today, I was happy as i just finished presenting my case this morning till i saw mom's status on her  Facebook timeline. I didn't know how to react. Hers really reminiscing me back that memory. My heart squeezing tightly, really deep. My eyes pool with tears. I stopped doing what i was doing, lying down on my purple carpet looking up the ceiling and thinking of her past. Thanks mom for being strong, kicking and alive. I will always pray for you. Love you mom. <3 comment-3--="" nbsp="">


Eidul-Fitri 2013

2 comments:

nabila azmi said...

she is strong..and u too.. hope to be strong just like u too.. bestla dah present case.hehe

hAniEy IzhAr said...

Im glad she did. We all did. :D btw, finished present my case. yea! but need to struggle more.