06/03/2013

Upper Egypt, Luxor & Aswan trip (2)

Assalamualaikum and Hi!!

30th January 2013 (continue)

It was Ramses Hotel. The bus didn’t stop right in front of it, so we needed to walk to reach it. Luckily, my bag was not so big and heavy. So I brought it with an ease face. Haha. We entered our rooms and rest. Oh my, i have problem, the water in my bathroom didn’t come out. How can I took wudhu’ (ablution) here?? How can i refresh myself? So I waited and waited for water and lastly it came out. Oh thanks Allah. (I am wandering, why I am telling you this..:P)



All the participant met at the lobby around 2pm and we were given lunch. Another problem came, my friend room cannot be locked. So, to solve this problem temporarily , all their stuff moved to another friends room while they fixed it when we were visiting our next place. So sad~ what happened to this hotel, huh? So, our next places was Nubian village. We walked from the hotel to a river bank. I don’t know to classify whether this location was river or lake. It is big with many small rock islands but someone said this is river. I am not too sure about it. Hurmm. Old dam maybe?  


River??
 We rode on yatch! Yeah, yatch or felukah’! But not as you seen them on the sea use for competition. It was a relaxing felukah’. It can sail many people on it.


This is feluukah. Many place to sit.

Taking picture right after we were on it. :P


The eagerness of capturing pictures were seen while in felukah. lol.:P

We sailed with bright and cheer face. A Nubian man was playing a music instrument. It was like kompang’. Mr Hassan was alele’ing and clapping hand. He wanted us to follow what he said. So we allele-ing too but just in a short time. We were busying taking picture of ourselves. Lols. Then, he danced with some participant too. 

I dont know why was he so happy..:P

We decided to have a moment visiting a botanical garden. There were many trees worldwide. The scenery was too usual for us as we have much more trees in our own country. So, it was a short visit.  

Nubian people were waiting us with their merchandise..

Here i had a short visit. Aswan Botanical garden :)
My friend and i..:)

This kind of tree also been planted here.. 


A beautiful picture.. luv it..;)
He startled when his picture was taken.. lol. Dont worry, this little crocodile may not bite..;p

Then, we continued our journey to Nubian village, but this time with a boat and not the felukah’. It was a bit  challenging but interesting. Our boat cannot pass a site where rocks were too much and use another direction to the Nubian village. 

This is rock! lol
I really love this picture..:)
Cool thing was when I saw two men were climbing the sandy desert mount not too far from me. It’s was just like in a movie! The sun was setting down but we still did not reach the village. We enjoyed the sunset.

Two human being were resting..  
The sunset look pretty~


Nubian Village in far view.

After approximately around 1 hour journey, we reached the Nubian village right after dawn. I saw black men and women and other tourists too. For as much as I know, this Nubian peoples get income from their selling when tourists came here especially women. We walked to crocodile farm and have some tea there. There were also henna drawing, camel ride, many sized crocodiles, and picturesque scenery when we went to the rooftop.

We arrived the village. Walking along the bank.
 A couple of crocodile waiting for us.. lol..

View from the rooftop.

I wanted to ride the camel for long time before.  So, when there was a chance, I grabbed it. I rode the camel! I was so scared at first especially when the camel was in the process of standing up. I felt as to fell forward. Lols. During the riding, I was at ease. However, my friend who was sitting in front of me, kept shouting to the camel’s man: slow down pleasee! She was very scared. Seeing her like that made me scared too. It was like a covalent bond where the scariness was shared between two of us. Lol. It was 10 minutes riding include taking the pictures. 

This is when the camel stop for a moment.. and we smiled.. :p
Hibiscus tea and other flavour of tea were serve.  :)
A man with his stall..
Spices, colouring and others..
After that, we had a cup of tea in the crocodile farm building. Many girl friends were doing the henna. We visited some souvenir stalls before we went to the boat and back to the hotel. We enjoyed watching many cruises at the side of the river bank and dreamt to be as one of passenger someday ONLY IF we plan to come here again. 

Cruisessssss..;p


We reached our hotel at night. My friends asked me to join them to go to Nubian Market but I declined as I was very tired. So, they left me alone in my room. However I got this chance to refresh myself, taking a bath and relaxing myself. My body temperature seems up and hotter that night. It just the day heat trapped in my body. My face was blushing than ever and I was very hungry. I had dinner when my friends came back from the market around 10pm. Again, the food was cooked by our travel agent staffs. We slept early as tomorrow we must wake up before 3 am to go to our next place, Abu Simbel temple which is located nearly at the border between Egypt and Sudan.

However, this is Nubian Market look like.. 


---continue in part 3---

1 comment:

eimai.sitizulaika.CEO.Vassilias.Vassilisa said...

Wow :) souq! Zahabta ilal souq, sadiqati? awesome ;)